No special order – chronologically nor priorities
Note that this is a dynamic list and new items are added as they kindle my passion
- Run for a political office – Done; ran for mayor, 2015. See album.
- Start a successful business – Done; Akron Life & Leisure, currently still in business
- Walk the Appalachian trail (not the whole thing; just a few miles to meet and talk to people who are walking it – Bill Bryson did it, I want that experience) – still open
- Pretend to be Anthony Bourdain and eat my way through SE Asia – Done
- Visit Paradise: Tahiti islands and experience what Paul Gaugain did – Done; 2010. See album.
- Do Route 66 – Done; but did it in a Porsche, not a Corvettes as Buz (George Maharis) and Tod (Martin Milner) did in the epic TV series. See album.
- Write a Book – Done; An American Samurai – 2020
- Write a book about eating and cooking – open; perhaps my next book challenge
- Climb Mount Fuji – Done; Japanese have a saying – “Every true Japanese must climb Mt. Fuji; only a fool climbs it a second time. I first climbed it in 1957 as a Boy Scout, then again in 1973 with Ginny. I had to climb it a third time, so as not to be called a fool, in 1977
- Win a car show trophy – Done; 1993, Monterey, California with a 1960 356 Porsche Roadster
- Serve as the ambassador to japan – Work in progress